Thursday, April 10, 2008

Broadway in Utah


Last night I went to see Annie at Kingbury Hall. The little 10 year old who played Annie was excellent. The girl that played Molly was fabulous and very talented and the woman who played Miss Hannigan was absolutely hilarious. A few years ago I went to NYC and had the opportunity to see a play on Broadway. It was the most amazing experience for me. When I came home I decided I wanted to get season tickets to our Broadway shows at Capitol Theater/Kingsbury Hall. I have had season tickets for 4 years now and I have enjoyed every play/musical. Some of them I probably never would have attended without the season tickets. Sweet Charity was one of those last year. I had heard a little about it but not much. I loved that musical. It was one of my favorites last season. It was also great because Molly Ringwald was Sweet Charity and that made it even more fun. Spamalot was by far the best musical last season. I can't wait to see that one again. So far this year I would have to say Annie has been my favorite. I already know which will be my favorite next year, Wicked is coming to Salt Lake and I already have tickets. I can't wait. Wicked is the main reason I bought season tickets. I knew that one day it would come here and I wanted to see it. It took four years but I have guaranteed tickets and I am so excited. I have not seen Wicked but I have the soundtrack memorized and I have read the book twice. I have only been to Broadway (the real Broadway) once but every time I attend a musical I feel like I am there again. It is a great experience and one I never thought I would have. I would love to go back to NYC and go to another musical on Broadway and I will go back one day but until then I will enjoy Broadway in Utah.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I need you to tell me how to get tickets for Wicked immediately! I'm sure it will sell out. Just in case i can't get tickets, I'm so jealous!

Imagination Unlimited

Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. ---Walt Disney

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid."—--Walt Disney