Saturday, April 5, 2008

Conference

I love conference weekend. It's a great time to grow spiritually. I love listening to all the wonderful leaders of our church speak. What a great weekend this will be as we have the opportunity to hear from our new prophet President Thomas S Monson. It was such a great experience to sustain him this morning. I look forward to hearing him speak.

I also enjoy the chance to spend time with my family. I see them all the time but for some reason during conference and holidays it seems different. Tonight I went to dinner with my mom and sister which is always fun. It is a tradition for my dad and brothers to go to the Priesthood session and to dinner and most of the time my mom, sister and I go to dinner while they are gone. Once in a while my sister-in-law will join us but now that she has kids that doesn't happen as much. We will see them tomorrow when they come for lunch in between sessions. I am interested to talk to my nephew Ethan tomorrow and ask him about President Monson. Last summer they went to Mount Rushmore and my brother was telling Ethan who the people on Mount Rushmore were. He asked him who his favorite President was and Ethan said, "President Hinckley". Out of the mouth of a 3 year old. I look forward to hearing his thoughts about our new prophet. He always surprises me with his knowledge and understanding.

1 comment:

Natalie Jo said...

I am so glad you found me! It is great to see all that you are up to. Conference time is special to me too! Especially with eric's family!! Let's keep in touch!!!

Imagination Unlimited

Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. ---Walt Disney

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid."—--Walt Disney