Last night after our training session we (my boss Janis and I) headed for the M&M store. We told the boys that we were going to check out the half price shows tickets and see if we could find another show to go to and that we would call them later for dinner plans. We made our way across the street and decided to check out the tickets first. That was our first mistake. You can only purchase tickets for the same day. It was around 5:30 at that point so if we wanted to see a show and get dinner we were going to have to hurry. They had tickets to several shows but I convinced her that we needed to go to Tournament of Kings at Excalibur because not only is it a show but it's a "dinner show" and one of the best in my opinion. We called the boys to see if they wanted to go and they did so we purchased the tickets. Turns out that you get vouchers and have to go to the box office to get the actual tickets and your seat assignment. Since I have been to Tournament of Kings twice before I knew we needed to get over there to get a decent seat. No M&M store for us! We headed to Excalibur which luckily is at the same end of the strip. We picked up our tickets in the Norway section. My second favorite section, Russia is my favorite. Last time I went with my family to the show we sat in the Russia section and had a blast. The Russian Knight cheats big time which makes for a fun time. We called the boys and told them to meet us in an hour and we went to gamble. I am not a big gambler but I will play a slot machine just for the entertainment. I make sure to specify a certain $ amount that is to be used just to play the slot machine. That was the plan anyway. I remembered that the Excalibur has a fun area upstairs and Janis had never been up there before so we decided to explore. We located a Cold Stone. So what's the big deal with eating a little (or rather huge) ice cream cone before going to dinner. We both decided it was a great idea and got our ice cream. I can't recall if we actually ended up going back downstairs to play the slot machines or if by the time we finished our ice cream the boys called. I think the boys called and we headed to the show.
Before the show started we were the proud witnesses of a couple getting engaged at the Tournament of Kings and they were in our section. Everyone say "Aaaaahhhh". It was actually pretty cute. Janis went down and took a picture of the newly engaged couple and promised to send it to them. Now if you have never been to this show Tournament of Kings the food is fabulous. Eating it is not so fabulous, no utensils. I love it! It's the whole atmosphere thing. I forgot to warn the others in my group though and let's just say they were a bit shocked. Anyway, the show was great our Knight didn't do very well he was knocked off his horse in the first round. Way to go Norway. We still had fun cheering and booing Russia. Sorry, I don't have pictures, it was dark inside and none of them turned out.
We all wonder where the horses are kept. Do they have there own Penthouse at the Excalibur hotel? Hmm something to think about as I try to fall asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment