It is finally Friday and training is over. Time to shop and play and shop some more. Just one problem I am in Las Vegas by myself without a car. Everyone else I came with had a relative (wife, husband and parents) come into Vegas for the weekend. At the time we planned the trip I thought it would be fun to be all by myself for a weekend in Vegas. I was going to go to the spa and spend time at the pool and then walk down to Planet Hollywood and go shopping at the Miracle Mile Shops. Well I forgot how scary Vegas is and that I have massive anxiety. What was I thinking that it would be fun to be on vacation by myself. Disneyland maybe but Vegas no way!!!!! Luckily, Janis wanted to go shopping too and she invited me to go with her and her husband to the outlets. Brock and his wife decided to hang out at the pool and Bruno was still waiting for his parents to arrive. They were supposed to come in last night but never showed up. We had fun shopping. I actually didn't buy much because the outlets we went to were not exactly what I had in mind. I am a bit of a snob when it comes to the stores I shop in and these outlet stores were not exactly in my taste but I did find a couple pairs of cute shoes. I was ready to head to Planet Hollywood next and that was exactly where we went. I love the Miracle Mile Shops. I wished we had stayed at Planet Hollywood I would have felt perfectly safe walking down to the shops every night on my own. Luckily, we didn't or I would be completely broke now. I only bought one thing at the shops and that was a skin for my IPOD. Janis introduced me to these cool skins that stick on to your IPOD to protect it. Too bad my IPOD is the wrong model for the skins as I discovered once I took my newly purchased skin back to the hotel to apply to my very old model. Too bad, I am going to have to upgrade to a newer version. We walked across the way to the Bellagio to watch the fountain. We arrived at exactly 2:00pm and we were very excited as we all thought the show started at 2:00pm. An hour later at 3:00 it started. It was a pleasant hour though. The breeze off the water felt so good and we were in the shade. I could have stood there for hours. I took several photos while we stood waiting. I am working on a photography project and when it is complete I will post it. Here is a photo of the fountain show.
We met up with Brock, his wife and Bruno (whose parents still have not made it to Vegas) for dinner at Lawry's. Very expensive restaurant and probably one I will never go to again. Not because of the food or anything, it was very delicious. It was just way too expensive for someone who is as picky of an eater as I am. I don't usually eat red meat and that is all they serve at Lawry's-Prime Rib. Okay, they have halibut too but I don't eat seafood. The salad was very weird but I was brave and ate it. The prime rib was excellent but I still have a hard time with red meat. Again I was brave and took small bites, chewed fast and swallowed and then followed each bite with the yummy creamed corn that I was very glad I ordered even though it cost me an extra $6.00. The mashed potatoes were great too so luckily I had two things I actually liked.
After dinner we headed back to the hotel and Janis, her husband and I finally made it to the M&M store. Third try worked. We had tried again on Thursday night but got the tickets for Neil and again had to hurry to the box office to pick up our actual tickets. We walked around the M&M store for a really long time. I debated back and forth about a cute M&M nightgown but left the store without the souvenier bag showing that I gave into the tourist trap of the M&M store. I instead went back to my room proud of myself for not purchasing chocolate that I don't need and watched a movie and fell asleep at 11:00pm in Las Vegas. How pathetic is that!!!!!
1 comment:
You should have called me. I would have come to Vegas in a heartbeat.
Post a Comment