Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Single Life - Online Dating Sites

Dating in the modern world sure is different.  I decided to give in and try some online dating again.  I was on LDS Singles online about 4 years ago and did not have any luck.  A friend at work told me about a new dating app called Tinder.  It sounded like fun so I thought I would try it out.  I met a couple guys and went out on a few dates.  It was fun to be dating again.  Unfortunately these were not the type of guys that would be potential future partners for me.  Tinder seemed to be more of a hook up site.  I was cautious about the guys I spoke to and actually met.  The two I did date were respectful but our values just didn't match in the end.  I have decided that I want to try LDS Singles Online again.  I really want a man who shares the same values as I do and who is an active LDS man.  After dating a couple non-members I realized just how important the church is to me. We will see how it goes.  I never thought I would be doing online dating but I know many people who have met their future spouse this way so I thought I would give it a try.

I don't like to admit this but I hadn't been on a date in almost 8 years as of September 2013.  I guess I just gave up and decided I was fine being single.  I enjoyed my life for the most part but I felt like something was always missing.  It has been fun to be back out in the dating world this past year and even though I still haven't met my future spouse at least I am socializing again.  I have learned a lot about myself this past year and dating has helped me grow in many ways.  It has been a good experience this time around.

No comments:

Imagination Unlimited

Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. ---Walt Disney

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid."—--Walt Disney