Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Organizing Moment of the Week

These posts are more for me than for anyone else.  I have 32 organizing projects I want to complete this year and I thought it would be fun to blog about the projects and if I remember, post before and after pictures.  I think it will keep me motivated to complete the projects if I have to post about them so here we go.

Last week my organizing task was my nightstand.  I chose a simple project to start off my Organization Projects.  My nightstand has become a catch all in my bedroom.  I had several books that I would start but never finish sitting on the small shelf and on top of the night stand.  It is where I charge my phone, my sports watch, my Fitbit and my iPod each night so there were cords dangling in every direction.  There was an alarm clock that I don’t use taking up space and magazines piling up all around.  When  you walk in my bedroom your eyes go straight to the night stand and it was a cluttered mess.  So I decided to tackle the mess and make it look pleasant. 
I removed the alarm clock that I wasn't using and set up a charging station.  It helps maintain all of the cords for my devices.  I put only the books I am currently reading and using on the shelf.  The only part of the nightstand that was organized before was the drawer so I didn't have to change anything there.  
 
                                                                      Nightstand Before
 
 
 
                                                                          Nightstand After
 
 
 
                                                                                The drawer

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I've been in an organizing frenzy as well. The clutter all over is making me crazy!

Imagination Unlimited

Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. ---Walt Disney

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid."—--Walt Disney