Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekly Update (February 2-8)

I can’t believe January is already over.  It was a super busy month for me so I guess that is why it went by so fast.  Superbowl Sunday was so much fun this year.  I was cheering for Bruno Mars.  He is one of my favorite music artists right now so I was super excited that he was performing in the Half Time show.  I think my family saw a side of me they haven’t seen in a long time as I danced to every song.  It was so much fun and I had a great workout too.  I forgot how much I love to dance.  My niece Ella danced with me for most of it.  As far as the real purpose of the super bowl I didn’t really care who won but I wore Seattle Seahawks colors since I don’t own any orange.  I chose the right colors to wear apparently.  I felt bad that the Broncos lost by so many points though.  The game was a little boring for me.  I prefer a game with a lot of action and close scores.   The commercials weren’t all that great either in my opinion.  This was the year of great music though.  Both "America the Beautiful" and our "National Anthem" were amazing and as noted above I loved the halftime show.  Overall it was a fun night.  For those who don’t know me that well, I really do love sports.  I prefer to go to live games especially baseball, basketball and soccer. 

I didn't take any pictures this week. Most of this week was dealing with some issues at work.  Monday and Tuesday were extremely emotional days.  By Thursday after some changes things looked better.  I don't want to get into a lot of details but these are changes that have needed to be made for several years.  I have been doing the work of 2 1/2 full time employees for three years and lately I have been very burned out.   After a long discussion with my boss and our HR director we were able to come up with a better system and I think things will start to improve over the next few months.  I love the work I do and I wanted to continue to be happy with my job but some changes needed to be made.  The other thing that happened is that my closest friend at work quit so that was a little hard for me as well.

Outside of work most of my week was spent training and resting.  I have some organizing projects that I have been working on.  I just can't seem to get my space organized and clean.  I am a perfectionist and want it to be exactly as I have planned.  Unfortunately a lot of my ideas don't work in the space I have at my parents home.  It will come together eventually though. 

No comments:

Imagination Unlimited

Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. ---Walt Disney

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid."—--Walt Disney