Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Single Life-Up and Down

The past year has been up and down for me.  I have been dating again which has been good.  I didn’t realize how much I missed dating life.  It isn’t always easy and things don’t always work out like I hope but at least I am trying again.  I had given up for about 10 years because I decided that I was too old to be dating, I wasn’t feeling very good about myself and I didn’t think there was even a chance of meeting someone.  But a wise friend told me to never give up.  As you may remember from one of my former posts I talked about trying out online dating.  Since that post I have been out with 5 different men. At this time none of those have turned in to a relationship and that has been a little hard for me.  However, I have learned a lot from each of them and I am not giving up hope.  I have learned again what I am looking for in a future husband and I have also learned to love myself again.  There is a saying that says you can’t love someone else if you don’t love yourself.  There have been several times in my life where I was not happy with myself and did not love myself.  I didn’t feel beautiful or worth being with anyone.  My self-esteem was really low if almost non-existent for a time.  Little by little each of these dating experiences has changed how I feel about myself and I have learned that I am a strong, smart and beautiful woman with a lot to offer.  I don’t mean that to sound prideful or boastful but if you knew how low I felt for several years you would know how far I have come.  It just goes to show that sometimes words can hurt.  So since August of last year I have been growing and trying to improve myself and be brave in my dating life.  Right now I am currently not dating anyone.  I needed to take a break because the last “relationship” was a bit of a heart breaker for me.  My heart needs to heal and trust that I will meet someone who cares about me as much as I care about him.     

 

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Have I told you lately how amazing you are? Realizing that we are beautiful, smart, strong women is a challenge that I think most of us face and some of us never really get to the point where we really believe it. So keep on believing. It's totally true.

Imagination Unlimited

Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. ---Walt Disney

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid."—--Walt Disney