Saturday, September 13, 2014

Post Half Marathon Fitness Update

I have decided to continue to post my workout information.  It is a fun way to see my progress and to keep track of my exercise.  I am not currently training for anything.  I am just wanting to get healthy and lose some weight in the process.  I didn't lose as much as I had hoped before my Half Marathon.  I still have a long way to go and I need to step it up.  One day I will probably do another Half and I hope to PR next time.  I plan to do a couple 5Ks and 10Ks first and then I will look at doing another Half.  In the meantime my focus is just to get my weight and health in control.

Sadly because of the horrible blister on my right foot I was not able to maintain my walking like I had hoped.  I stayed in California for a couple days after the race.  We went into Disneyland about 2 hours after I finished the race and I could barely walk.  I knew I needed to keep moving so my legs didn't cramp up so I managed to walk around for several hours before I headed back to my hotel to rest. Monday morning I woke up very sore.  I had to change my plans because walking really hurt.  I went to the store and picked up some band-aids and moleskin and covered my huge blister and the few smaller blisters on the sides of my feet so that I could do a tour of the Queen Mary in Long Beach.  I had planned to go to The Grove in LA later but I was in pain after the tour so I went back to my hotel and just rested again. I watched the fireworks from my hotel room and then fell asleep early.  I slept better than I have in a long time.  Tuesday I went to Disneyland by myself.  It was my personal celebration day.  I was feeling a little better and lasted a little bit longer then the previous day.  I decided to head back to my hotel around 5:00 and pack up to go home the next day. Once I got home I decided that I needed to rest my foot because the blister just wasn't healing.  I stayed off of my feet as much as I could.  I was a little sad because I wanted to get out and walk.  I had hit that runner's high and I didn't want to lose it.  I also knew that the longer I stayed away the harder it would be to get back into the routine.  But it was more important to heal so I stayed off of my feet and decided I could wait a week. 

Sunday August 31-- HALF MARATHON 3:51:02 Fitbit log 50,267 steps

Monday September 1-- Queen Mary Tour Fitbit log 12,353 steps

Tuesday September 2--  Walking around Disneyland Fitbit log 14,653 steps

Wednesday September 3--Fitbit log 5,695 steps

Thursday September 4--Fitbit log 4,442 steps

Friday September 5--Fitbit log 10,121 steps

Saturday September 6--Fitbit log 9,742 steps

No comments:

Imagination Unlimited

Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. ---Walt Disney

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid."—--Walt Disney