Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Unconditionally and irrevocably in love!

I have resisted for months and finally could not resist any longer. Everyone was talking about him and how wonderful he is. Everyone was telling me to just give in and as much as I didn't want to I couldn't resist the curiosity any longer. I gave in and started reading Twilight. Over the weekend in St. George I picked up the book at Barnes and Noble. We had some time between dinner and one of the plays so we went to B&N to look around and there it was sitting in the middle of the aisle on a table as it has for months. Just beckoning to me to read it. I passed the table several times and finally I could stand it no longer. I picked up the book and found myself purchasing it. On the way home yesterday I made my friend drive the second half of the trip so I could read. I was hooked after 10 pages. I could not stop reading. I read all the way from Fillmore to my friends home. After unpacking and chatting with my family for a little while I went back to reading. I read until I fell asleep. I took the book with me to work hoping to have a chance to read during lunch. I only had time to read 5 pages. The minute I got home I was reading again. I am a little more than half way through and I had to force myself to put it down so I could do my laundry and nightly chores. Once they are done you can bet that I will be back in Washington State in a small town called Forks.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Welcome to the sleep-deprived world of Twilight! I've stayed up late on more than one occasion as I've read these books!

Necia said...

I'm surprised that you held out as long as you did! My mom brought out the newest book when she came to see Tucker and I was reading it during his nightly feedings, just to get it finished before she left!

Imagination Unlimited

Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. ---Walt Disney

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid."—--Walt Disney