Monday, March 10, 2008

Make Your Feet Your Friend-J.M. Barrie


I am walking to Lava Hot Springs. It is 161 miles to Lava from my office. That is a long walk. Okay, so I am not literally walking to Lava Hot Springs. It is actually a challenge for work. We started at the beginning of the month. We have to log all the miles we walk and turn in our log once we have completed the goal. I have walked 17 miles so far. If we walk the full 161 miles (I think it may actually only be 150 for the challenge) we are entered into a contest to win a fun weekend at Lava Hot Springs. I am determined to win. The race is on. I have a schedule all figured out. We have until July but with my schedule I should reach 161 miles by the first part of May. It is easier to walk when you have a goal in mind. Even if I don't win the trip to Lava I will be getting in shape and that is something I really need to do.

I never thought I would enjoy walking. Today I found myself anxious to get home so I could do my walking. It has become a time when I can just set aside all thoughts of the day and just enjoy the scenery if I am walking outside or enjoy a movie, television show or music if I am walking on my treadmill. I don't have to think about anything. It has become a time to relax from the stresses of my busy days. It has become something more than exercise to me. It has become a special time for me and I look forward to it more and more everyday.

No comments:

Imagination Unlimited

Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. ---Walt Disney

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid."—--Walt Disney