Sunday, February 15, 2009

Retreat Week

Three years ago I discovered the joy of retreats. I am talking about taking time out for yourself to reflect and mediate. The first year I only did a couple retreats and most of them were one day retreats on a Saturday. The second year I went on a work retreat. The first day we covered work items and reflected on our jobs and how we could make them better. I had the opportunity to stay over night at a condo in Heber City. I made the second day a personal retreat. The third year I tried to do a retreat every month. That only lasted about four months. One Saturday a friend and I went to the spa and had a spa retreat. That was by far one of my favorite retreat. For one of my goals this year I decided I wanted to revive the monthly retreats. Goal #3: Take time for myself. Plan retreats! I have created a schedule for the year and my retreats are marked on the calendar in ink. My retreats will vary in the activities and things I will be reflecting on. In January my retreat day was all about setting my goals for the year. I made my list and reflected on what I wanted to do in 2009. I always choose a scripture as my theme of the year so I spent some time reading through scriptures to find my theme scripture. I chose my word of the year. (See my blog post "One Little Word" January 5th). In the afternoon was my spa day at home. A facial, manicure, pedicure and a nap. It was great. In February I decided to do a Retreat Week. I will be starting tomorrow. I am so excited for this week. I have had the itinerary for this retreat planned for years and I have never completed it. I found it on a website two years ago and it is meant for a weekend. I decided to break it down over a week because I am unable to take a weekend off and go to a cottage or hotel somewhere and just spend time alone. We will see how if it works.

No comments:

Imagination Unlimited

Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. ---Walt Disney

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid."—--Walt Disney